Update 23 Jan 14: Hairitage Hydration products removed from staples list.
Price: $15.00 for 8oz bottleAvailable At: HairitageHydration.com
Website (at the time of writing): Soft Coconut Marshmallows is a leave-in conditioner and detangler. It is made with marshmallow root which gives the hair incredible slip, as well as conditioning the hair making it soft and manageable.
Packaging: This leave-in gives the hair great slip, as well as conditions it with marshmallow root herb. Great for detangling.
Website (at the time of writing): Distribute throughout the hair. Finger comb out tangles or use a wide-toothed comb.
Packaging: Distribute product through hair after washing. Maybe use used as a detangler or as a daily moisturizer.
Purified Water infused with Marshmallow Root, Lime butter, Castor Oil, Irish Moss Infused Coconut Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, BTMS-50, Germall Plus, Lime and Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Consistency: It’s creamy but not thick. It reminds me of the consistency of a hair lotion. When placing product on my hand for the photo, it started to slide as you can see.
- Packaging: I have received two different packaging styles. A year+ ago when I purchased, my bottle looked like the item taken from Hairitage’s website. The product shipped to me for review is in small squirt top bottle as shown below.
- Fragrance: Pop open a bag of marshmallows and there you will have it – a yummy marshmallow aroma that fills the air. The smells is very light and doesn’t linger although I wish it did.
- Number of uses: That’s too be determined as the product is still in rotation.
- Effectiveness: This moisturizer has slip and packs a powerful moisturizing punch, thus I’m able to get by with only using a quarter size amount for nearly waist length hair. Do note, I have only used it on dry hair. I’ve not yet taken the leap of faith to use it as a leave-in for wash day detangling. I’m pretty squared away in the leave-in / detangler department so I will stick with allowing it to serve as a daily moisturizer. Should I get froggy (so old school) and take that leap, I’ll make a post about its performance as a leave-in.
- Memory Lane: I purchased Soft Coconut Marshmallows over a year ago and really didn’t love it. Matter fact, I didn’t even like it. Although it was creamy it was not moisturizing. The product didn’t soak into the hair and left a lingering dull, white residue. Many raved of its goodness but I simply didn’t understand the hype. When Hairitage and I decided to collaborate, I was very hesitant to try this product again but so glad I did. It soaks right into the hair this time around and it’s so very moisturizing – I’m in love. Curiosity got the best of me so I inquired to Hairitage about the performance difference. Turns out, Hairitage reformulated the product to make it a little lighter. The vendor didn’t elaborate much as to what was changed but whatever it is, it’s a hit home run!
Soft Coconut Marshmallows performs great and smells delicious. Yes, yes, yes! Btw, this is coming from someone who doesn’t even eat or like marshmallows. I can see myself snagging several bottles of this and Pink Grapefruit Punch.
If you’re in the market for a great moisturizer to add in the rotation, check this one out for sure. Or, if you’ve tried Soft Coconut Marshmallows before and didn’t quite like or love it, give it a try again. You’re in for a treat.